Strategic Philanthropy, Ltd., was founded in 2000 by Betsy Brill and Susan Winer, who believed—and still do—that anyone who cares deeply about tackling the social, environmental and economic challenges in local communities and the world … in a meaningful and measurable way … should have the tools and partners they need to achieve their goals.
The firm is donor-centric, working with individuals, families and their closely held and family-owned businesses, as well as their advisors. Although we’ve grown over the years, and now function very much as a Multi-Family Philanthropic Office® for many clients, our values remain the same and define and measure what we do.
- Integrity–both in how we deliver our services, treat our clients, and all of those with whom we work.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion–the differences between people are what offer the greatest opportunity for learning, growing and demonstrating change.
- Responsiveness–we listen, we hear and we maintain open lines of dialogue and communication, with our clients, our allied advisors, colleagues and our employees.
- Affecting change–our goal is always to affect change, improve the quality of life for individuals, local communities and the world.
- Transparency–an open, sharing and collaborative relationship is the hallmark of a successful philanthropic practice.
- Informed–creating informed philanthropists is our goal. We must always be on a quest for knowledge, experiences and relevant data about our industry, issue areas, market opportunities and needs.
- Creativity–ours is not a “cookie cutter” mentality when doing business. We must continually think “outside of the box”.
- Acknowledgement–we should never forget that we have a unique opportunity to make significant contributions and that we are all a part of the process.
We practice what we preach and “seek to be the change we want to see”…each and every day.